m Administration Frustrations
login OR ENLIST
It Is The Spring Of 1940
March - May Open for Play

Lines are drawn. Wands are at the ready. Everyone must choose a side. The fight to maintain the Statute of Secrecy is not just against Grindlewald and his followers, though. Muggle armies across Europe and Asia are stirring up more than dust and death. Creatures of all sorts are caught in the crossfire. From unicorns to dragons and bowtruckles to dementors. Someone has to dare the front lines to keep the unexplainable unseen. So if you have the moxie to wrangle poxies under enemy fire the Micky's are calling on you.

Jan 27 2019, 02:31 PM
No ballerinas here by Koi
[May 19 2019, 07:56 AM]

Administration Frustrations by Koi
[Apr 24 2019, 09:45 AM]

Just a cuppa by Koi
[Apr 20 2019, 07:35 AM]

Oh Bother by Koi
[Apr 17 2019, 07:34 PM]

Wand Generators by Koi
[Mar 17 2019, 08:04 AM]

Character Name

A few details about the want ad will go here. What character it is in relation to Fake Name. What plots or what group they are needed in. That sort of thing.

Administration Frustrations

fiber_manual_record
Written By: Koi
keyboard_arrow_down
Government

MicFitz
28 / 5'11 / Brown
Want Ad
2 posts
Magical
Government
Height: 5'11
Eye Color: Brown

Written By:: Koi

2 posts
info
MicFitz
Want Ad
yarndragon 🍂#4618
Administration Frustrations
« on: Apr 05 2019, 05:46 PM »
He needed off this squad. Running messages for Tobias was almost the last thing Fitz wanted to be doing. The absolute last being sharing the same continent with the man. So he’d come, bearing a sachet of letters for the Minister’s eyes only. Which meant getting in to see the Minister with them. A deed that involved enough red tape to make Fitz want to pull his hair out.

He only he kept trying because he was hoping to have a little heart to heart with their fearless leader. He had a favor to ask. One he thought he was more than ready to receive. His own squad. One far away from that dragon loving maniac. But that meant getting in to see the Minister, and their was an ice queen in his way. Or an ice bitch, as less couth people called her.

Fitz refused to he intimidated.

”Miss Ashfield,” he began, tucking his hat under his arm and swallowing the throat clearing cough trying to work its way up his neck. ”I’ve messages from the front. Minister’s eyes only, you understand.” The corner of his mouth lifted in a wan smile. Francis had been the winsome one. Good at winning over people who didn’t want won over - Fitz included. He’d been especially handy with the women.

Fitz was good with the sort of woman that was ready to be bad. Definitely not the kind that sat behind a desk and looked like that. He tapped the corner of his sachet on the edge of her desk. ”Tobias was very adamant, even for an American.” He defended, hoping whatever animal they were going after next would eat the pond jumper.

fiber_manual_record
Written By: Kayndred
keyboard_arrow_down
Government

Assistant to the Minister of Magic
26 / 5'5 / Blue
Want Ad
1 posts
Magical
Government
Height: 5'5
Eye Color: Blue

Played By: Carolina Porqueddu

1 posts
info
Assistant to the Minister of Magic
Want Ad
Kayndred#1473
Re: Administration Frustrations
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10 2019, 08:11 PM »
It'd been a monotonous morning. Not, as some might think, because there had been only one job to do for hours on end; rather, because what confronted Violet at the beginning of the day was a series of tasks that she'd been handling for months without fail. She delegated to the respective, responsible underlings to manage the least sensitive paperwork, spelled her stacks of incoming documents to copy themselves into triplicate once they'd been sorted into the correct trays, and organized the Minister's most pertinent memos and notifications to be delivered, in stages, by level of importance.

Everything was running as efficiently and as smoothly as Violet had designed, with her fleet of minions dropping by being the only disruption to her otherwise seamless station. She had a gently steeping tea, several Mid Level reports to notate so that they could be read when the Minister returned from his lunch-meet with one of the requisitions representatives from the front and their associates, and a new set of crisp quills that took fantastically well to the barrage of note-taking charms she'd lathed them in. It'd taken only a half hour to get the quills running on three of her stacks of less important paperwork while she peeled through the second of her reports, green, blue, and red ink quills ticking down the lines of print with her.

And then there were shoes, right at the corner of her desk, and a figure that Violet was not familiar with. She was acquainted with all of her favored associates, shoes specifically, and their minions, etc. ad nauseam, and used her knowledge of these shoes to address people accordingly. Sitting prim-perfect in her chair, parchment in hand, Violet debated looking up at her untimely visitor.

Eyes up and away from documents meant her quills would slow, or she might miss something they weren't equipped to recognize. There was only so much trust one could place in spelled quills, after all.

So no, Violet did not look up at the man who addressed her as Miss Ashfield, although it wouldn't have even taken a turn of her head to give him a quick appraisal. Rather, one eye brow ticked up above the dark grey band of her glasses, but her gaze didn't stray. "All documentation to be delivered to the Minister must pass through at least two officials of the Ministry of Magic." She intoned, tapping a line of her form. The red ink quill descended, underlining, and then drawing a small arrow to the right. Confirm with Department Head Rosewood, printed itself in her own neat handwriting. "As no doubt one of your supervisory officials has vetted them," the eyebrow crept higher, "that would mean that the final official will be myself. You may leave them... there."

She pointed a toe toward the floor by the side of her desk. She could fit them in between her current reports and the scheduling updates for the coming month.

fiber_manual_record
Written By: Koi
keyboard_arrow_down
Government

MicFitz
28 / 5'11 / Brown
Want Ad
2 posts
Magical
Government
Height: 5'11
Eye Color: Brown

Written By:: Koi

2 posts
info
MicFitz
Want Ad
yarndragon 🍂#4618
Re: Administration Frustrations
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24 2019, 09:45 AM »
The woman never looked up. Hands and hands-free quills moving with equal efficiency across the paper work littering her desk. Though Fitz had the feeling litter was not quite the right word for the organized mayhem that surrounded him. He did begin to have an inkling as to why she was underhandedly called an ice bitch, however.

She wouldn’t even look at him. It made him hesitant to address her. Waiting for the usual eye contact to begin, and then giving that idea up, Fitz waited for her to look once he started talking. And he just kept on waiting because she never did. All expressions reserved for her work she never even glanced past his shoes. It was quite nerve wracking.

He very nearly leaned over and stuck his face level with her paperwork just to see if that would get a reaction, but she started talking before he could carry out with that particular idea. And she still didn’t look at him. Fitz scratched his head. ”Yes, miss, I know.” She really was awful. Fitz watched warily as her quill scratched a note out in red ink, trying not to read it, but curious if it was about him.

It was not.

”I can’t do that. It’s against my orders.” He reminded her, staring at the floor with horror. ”I especially can’t leave important, and secret, documents sitting on your floor.” Just right there next to her desk for anyone to riffle through. Fitz was astounded. He’d battled red tape before, but this was like running into a wall. Taking a step back, he gripped the satchel with both hands and tried not to fold it half. Succeeding only in bending it a quarter of the way.

”Maybe you don’t understand, Miss Ashfield.” The words weren’t right, but Fitz could come up with no better. That took too much thinking which took too much time. He needed to speak to the Minister. ”I’ve just come from the backwaters of no where, via the front lines. Fredrick Tobias sent me, the crazy American the Ministry has turned loose with a squad of Mics?” Worst decision ever, as far as Fitz was concerned.

”I need to speak to the Minister, and I can’t just leave my reports lying about.” His cheeks filled with air before deflating, words chasing each other out of his mouth in agitation. The floor!